Smart Teachers is recruiting for a dedicated Science Teacher to join an ‘Outstanding’ independent special school in Ealing, for students aged between 5 and 18 years who have a range of needs including emotional, social, and behavioural and communication difficulties. This full time teaching position is available from January 2017 and will be contracted through to the end of the academic year. For the right Science Teacher there is potential for the role to become permanent.
About the Role
- Science Teacher
- Teach general science up to KS4
- Teach students with ADHD, OCD, Asperger’s, Specific Learning Difficulties and Social Emotional Mental Healt
- Long term contract with the possibility to go permanent for the right candidate
- Daily rate up to £150 per day (depending on experience)
About the School
- Special school based in Ealing, West London
- This fantastic school caters for students and young adults with special educational needs and they are referred by the local authorities in West London
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
- The SLT fully support their staff and their vision of supporting students with special needs is always shared by the whole school
- They work with holistic teachers and offer multi-sensory teaching programmes and therapeutic family support services which are provided by specialists
- Excellent transport links that are easily accessible from West Ealing or Ealing Broadway
In order to be considered for this role, The Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor of Education/ PGCE, or an equivalent teaching degree
- Have proven UK teaching experience; minimum one term
- Have experience teaching students with special needs, particularly with Social Emotional Mental Health
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
- Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number HZM26881.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.