Myddelton College Jinhua (MCJ) is a 14-18 years co-educational school, which reflects the values, culture and curriculum of its sister school: Myddelton College in the UK, but which retains its own individuality and ability to guide its own future.
We are the second overseas branch school for Myddelton College and are located in Jinhua City, Zhejiang Province, China, which is 1 hour 45 minutes South West of Shanghai on the High-Speed Train. Jinhua, a burgeoning and prosperous city with 5.6 million inhabitants holds a mix of traditional and modern urban culture. With the rapid development of the Chinese economy, more and more foreigners are coming to Jinhua to work, study, and live. The cost of living is remarkably low and generous tax subsidies are available to foreign staff.
In these uncertain times with the ongoing pandemic, candidates should be aware that Jinhua is currently one of the safest cities in the world with no cases being reported for many months. Normal daily life continues for all citizens, local or expatriate, without the need for fear or social restrictions. The climate is ideal with sunshine all year round and the local currency (RMB) is on an upward curve against the US dollar and GBP.
MCJ offers a fusion of traditional British education, with the associated benefits which a Boarding School affords, and includes both Cambridge International and Edexcel Examinations in its curriculum, and all subjects are taught in English. Students live and learn on the spacious and leafy Jinhua Campus, study for IGCSE and A Level qualifications, and prepare for admission to top universities in the world as well as a broad range of other further education establishments.
Looking after the welfare of our staff is a key priority and opportunities exist for paid devolved leadership projects and as the school grows to its full capacity of 660 students over the next three years, there will be many opportunities for internal promotion in most management and leadership roles. The award winning architect designed school is brand new and offers state of the art facilities in all departments.
MCJ respects equity in teaching and learning as well as supporting both Chinese and international staff members to offer high-quality professional development on a regular basis. More importantly, we provide a comprehensive system to help employees enhance their teaching CV, gain extra certifications and we offer Chinese language learning.
We offer many excellent fringe benefits too, such as worldwide comprehensive health insurance, performance related bonuses, paid vacation, all-inclusive accommodation and return annual flight tickets. Salaries are high, reflective of experience, potential and contributions and are negotiable with the Headmaster on appointment.
We firmly believe that we are an outstanding school which cares not only about our pupils needs, but also those of our teachers.
- Two years’ teaching experience or above
- Familiarity with the Secondary Curriculum of IGCSE/GCSE and A Levels
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities will be an advantage
- A bachelor degree in your area of expertise, a master’s degree in any discipline is desirable
- Professional teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE /QTS or other teaching qualification recognised by professional authorities )
- Passionate about teaching children
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being and pastoral care of children
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- Native-level English speaker
- Clean criminal record check, or holding an International Child Protection Certificate (COBIS or Other)
All applications should be submitted online via the TES online application. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees, which will only be requested at the final stages.
Contract Start date : Late August 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an online interview. Interviews will also take place in the UK for shortlisted candidates. We reserve the right to appoint at any stage prior to the deadline. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Myddelton College Jinhua is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and those connected to the school to share this commitment.
Myddelton College Jinhua
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 18 years