Haydon is a large, friendly and creative school in North West London. We have been judged as outstanding by OFSTED. We are looking for a Science technician (Apprentice) to thrive in our supportive environment.
- Support the proper maintenance of all equipment, keeping it clean and ensuring that specific statutory inspections of specialised equipment are carried out in accordance with relevant regulations
- Ensure the safe disposal of used and surplus chemicals and cultures
- Ensure that the requisite Health and Safety Regulations and Code of Practices are complied with for safety of staff and students
- Ensure stock levels are monitored and maintained in area of responsibility
- Request orders for new stock and equipment when necessary and ordering where appropriate
- Check safety of all laboratory electrical equipment and apparatus and appliances to meet current legislation, including the Electricity at Work regulations 1989
- Clerical support including record keeping within an area of responsibility
- Dealing with spillages and accidents in the laboratories
- Ensure that all laboratories comply with First Aid and Fire regulations.
- A Level in Biology, Chemistry or Physics
- Degree in Science (Desirable)
- Some knowledge of National Curriculum requirements
- NVQ2 in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities (LATA) or NVQ2 for Laboratory Technicians in Education or Level 2 Certificate in Laboratory Technical Skills or equivalent.
- Experience of working as a technician
- Knowledge of safe working practices in relation to the handling and usage of hazardous equipment
- Ability to carry out risk assessments in relation to laboratory work
The post holder is required to hold an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The post holder will be expected to work to deadlines as they arise and have the ability to prioritise, including responding appropriately to emergencies.
The post holder is expected to adhere to all school policies and procedures.
At Haydon School we really value people who work well in a team, are solution focused self-starters, enthusiastic and flexible.
Please click on the ‘apply’ button below to complete the application form for this role.
We reserve the right to interview on application
To find out why we’re so proud of Haydon School, visit our website now: www.haydonschool.com or check us out on twitter @HaydonSchool
Haydon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment.
To promote a safe environment for students, Haydon School employs a strict selection and recruitment policy which includes all statutory checks on staff and regular volunteers including Enhanced DBS (disclosure and barring service) checks.