Post: Term time + 2 weeks 37 hours per week, Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 9th December 2019
Interview Date: Expected Thursday 12th December 2019
Bedford Academy, part of HEART Academies Trust is on an exciting journey of school improvement with a new leadership team that has big ambitions for the school and the students. We genuinely believe we have the resources, facilities, staff and students to make BA the best school in Bedford
We demand the highest standards from our students and staff in everything we do. Our school values of being ‘community minded through drive and aspiration’ demonstrate our desire to always improve our practice and seek new ways to engage and stimulate our students.
We are looking for 2 Science Technicians to support teaching staff with the delivery of practical work in lessons, supporting individual or small groups of students where necessary, to complete practical experiments safely.
- To ensure and promote the maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment through:
- carrying out the assessment, monitoring and review of both health and safety procedures and information resources
- keeping up to date with current procedures and practices through continuing professional development
- the provision of technical advice and support on health & safety issues to teaching and technical staff
- the safe treatment and disposal of used materials including hazardous substances and responding to actual or potential hazards
- the healthy and safe storage and accessibility of equipment and materials
- carrying out health & safety and risk assessments relating to laboratory work and apply C.O.S.H.H. regulations and assessments.
- Please send completed applications to email@example.com. Please note, CVs will not be accepted.
If you are passionate about improving outcomes for students and you are looking for an exciting opportunity to have a real impact in a fast-paced, innovative environment, then this could be the job for you.
HEART Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to DBS checks and excellent references.
For further details about the Academy and to download an application form please visit our website: www.bedfordacademy.co.uk
Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org