SCP 15 - 17 – £17,972 pro rata
Term Time Only
Holyhead School is a heavily over-subscribed, 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school was designated ‘Outstanding‘ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in December 2013, April 2015 and then again in December 2017. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
● Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
● Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
● Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
● Staff morale is high
● GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
● Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
We are looking for….
● An highly motivated science technician with some understanding of relevant Health and Safety legislation, including CLEAPSS, COSHH and ESCC regulations.
● An excellent communicator who will be able to liaise effectively with both pupils and staff and be willing to work flexibly within the school environment.
● The ability to take responsibility for the safekeeping of chemicals, stock levels, preparing resources, organising laboratories and maintaining equipment.
We can offer….
● Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
● The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful school
● A friendly and supportive working environment
● A commitment to staff wellbeing
● A comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
If you feel that you could add value and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm together with a sense of humour to join us, then please email your completed application to Mr Yasir Idris, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note applications are only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form which can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: 23 November 2018
Interview: w/c 26 November 2018