Full Time Term Time Only
£18,780 (£15,927 actual pro rata)
Start Date Monday 6th January 2020
Bolton Sixth Form College is one of the highest performing colleges in the North West of England. We are a vibrant, focused and highly ambitious community in which staff and students treat one another with care and respect, combining traditional values of discipline and good manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. With a college roll of around 1580 students there are plans for further expansion due to the College’s success, growing reputation and increased applications.
A modern building with fantastic facilities, the college offers a wide range of A Level and Level 3 BTEC programmes along with a bespoke Level 2 BTEC programme to support academic progression. An excellent inspection in May 2017 strengthened the college’s ‘Good’ Ofsted grading and staff work together in an innovative and forward thinking environment to ensure the student experience is maximised and the college becomes a first choice destination for further study within the Borough.
The Science Department is a vibrant place for students to study and attracts an increasing number of students year on year.
This is an opportunity to work with and support teaching professionals as they stimulate student’s curiosity for the wider world of science and to develop a career in an environment which is constantly evolving due to the strategic direction of the education sector.
If this is the sort of environment you thrive in and you have the skills and motivation to support the learning experience for our next generation of scientists, then we would like to hear from you for the post of:
This is a technical role which requires working with both staff and students to deliver effective technical support within the Science Department.
The successful applicant will be required to:
• have a minimum of 2 years proven experience working as a Science Technician within education
• have a flexible approach to work in order to meet the requirements of both the timetable and college events
• assist with trial practical’s and conduct feasibility tests on new practical work, modifying where necessary
• assist students with the safe use of equipment, chemicals and plant/animal samples, responding to any problems that may occur during lessons with regard to safety
• Have knowledge of and work within the safety requirements in laboratories and preparation rooms, ensuring that HASAWA, COSHH and NRPA regulations are observed
We can offer you:
• A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
• A competitive salary based on the pay scale for Support Staff working in a Sixth Form College
• Generous holiday entitlement starting at 26 days per year (plus statutory) increasing to 31 days with service
• Membership of an Occupational Pension Scheme
• Optional wellbeing days / activities
• Structured professional development opportunities and involvement in regular college inset workshops
A job description and person specification are available. Please note that only applicants who meet the criteria of the person specification will be considered.
All applications must be submitted on a college application form. CV’s will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 17th November 2019 @ 23:59
Interviews will be held on Monday 25th November 2019
All appointments at the college are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.