The Governors of The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School are seeking to appoint an excellent Science Technician to work in our Science curriculum area. This post is available with immediate effect and offers an exciting opportunity for a hard-working and ambitious individual. We welcome applications from all candidates willing to support the Catholic ethos.
The successful candidate will:
- have some experience of working in the Science industry or having worked in a scientific environment, ideally within a school
- be highly organised, efficient and effective at meeting deadlines
- have experience and success of working both within teams and as an individual
- have some knowledge of the main educational issues facing schools, especially around vulnerable students
- outstanding results, at both GCSE and A level, from our well-motivated students
- a school which has been in the top 3% nationally for Progress8 in 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018
- a school which was judged ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in the 2018 inspection
- an IT rich environment and high quality learning facilities
- outstanding CPD provision: NQT induction through to leadership courses
- Inner London Weighting salary benefits
- a supportive and open management team
- friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is graded Outstanding by Ofsted. It is an ambitious and caring community, committed to fulfilling the gifts of each student, reflected in the School’s mission statement “Education for All = Achievement for All”.
The salary for this role is Grade 3 (Points 14 –17) £7,739-£7,877 for two days per week, term time only plus limited time required in the summer holidays (additional hours will be paid).
Informal visits are welcomed; please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Cunningham.
Interviews are to be arranged.
The job will commence as soon as possible.
If you need any further information please contact Mrs Christine Plant by email at email@example.com or telephone 020 8575 8222 Ext 411
The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure by the DBS