28 hours per week – 43.7 weeks
(38 weeks term time + 1 week Inset days + annual leave)
Hours of work - 07:30 to 15:00 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday (with a 30 minute break)
£11,857 per annum (£9.69 per hour) – pay review pending
We are seeking to appoint a Science Technician to join our established team of Technicians within the Science faculty. Applicants should be prepared to help in all areas of the faculty and have a passion for Science. Knowledge of the safe handling of laboratory materials is desirable but training will be given.
The successful candidate should have:
- Successful experience working in a specialist area, preferably in a learning environment
- Educated to Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent qualification / experience
- Excellent working knowledge of equipment and ICT packages relevant to specialist area
- Ability to establish rapport and to maintain respectful and trusting relationships
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- A good understanding of Health and Safety, safeguarding and child protection
- Basic knowledge of First Aid
- A commitment to equality and diversity and inclusion
In return the successful candidate can expect:
- A comprehensive tailored induction programme
- A mentor / ‘buddy’ scheme
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
Closing Date: Midday on Wednesday 19 June 2019
Interviews: Week Commencing 24 June 2019
To apply, visit www.kes.essex.sch.uk and download the application form, complete and email email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment & Selection Procedures.