£80 to £100 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience in a Science Technician role.
Contract dates January 2022 - January 2023 - Maternity Cover
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a suitable qualified Science Technician to work in a secondary school in Grantham. The role is full-time, to start in January and this role has the potential to go permanent for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Science department, coordinating practical resources, assistance and advice. Ideally you will have previous experience working in a school, have experience maintaining equipment and have a keen interest in working with young people.
The successful Science Technician will be supported by an outstanding and passionate management team and will be a valued member of the Science department.
To be considered for the Science Technician role you must:
- Have previous experience working in a science support role, preferably in a school
- Have some knowledge or previous experience of Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff
- Have knowledge of scientific equipment and apparatus
- Able to organise and plan resources effectively
- Work well within a team of professionals
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are a Science Technician who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Will Machin