ST CLEMENT DANES SCHOOL
33 hours per week (8.30am-4.00pm, Monday, 8.30am-3.30pm Tuesday-Friday)
Term Time plus 5 INSET days pro rata
H3 Point 5: £19,312 + £898 fringe allowance FTE (pro rata)
Actual salary including fringe allowance: £15,369.52 per annum
Maternity Cover: 25th November 2021 – 24th November 2022
To assist the other Science Technicians and the Head of Science in organising the support of Science teaching within the school.
• Experience of ICT (Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook)
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills, including English and Maths GCSE at grades A* to C
• Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task
• Have sound knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety regulations, including COSHH.
• Work to a high standard, be highly organised and work well as part of a team.
• Be flexible and able to multitask, as you will be dealing with numerous tasks at the same time.
• A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
• Have had previous experience as a Biology or Chemistry Science Lab Technician within a school/further education science department and be educated to a minimum A-level standard with a science related subject.
• Have knowledge of school procedures.
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• Please read the attached Appointment Brief before completing your application.
• To apply, complete the My New Term Application Form using the Supporting Statement section of the form to detail your suitability for the role, your motivation for making an application and how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification.
• The vacancy closes at 9.00am on Tuesday 12th October 2021, however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
• Interview date: Friday 15th October 2021.
• If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager on 07917 035962 or at email@example.com
Website: www.stclementdanes.org.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
St Clement Danes School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Thank you for your interest in St Clement Danes School.
This is an extremely exciting time to join St Clement Danes School and the wider Danes Educational Trust family of schools. St Clement Danes has reached the end of a 6-year £9 million expa...