A COMPELLING VISION FOR SUCCESS
36 hours per week, term-time only
Starting range from £16,738 - £18,479
Closing date: 28 September 2018
This is an outstanding school. “Exemplary behaviour, mutual respect and a highly inclusive culture are key contributory factors’ (Ofsted 2012)
We wish to appoint a dynamic and well organised individual to work within a team of science technical staff. The role will include providing technical support with a large department split over two sites.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
Keeping Children Safe in Education
BMAT – Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
For more information and an application form please visit our website www.bealhighschool.co.uk and forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position, therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible
Purpose of role
Under the instruction/guidance of senior technical staff: Provide general support in a specific curricula/resource area, including preparation, repair, construction and maintenance of resources and support to staff and pupils
General duties and responsibilities
Create and maintain a purposeful, safe, orderly and productive working environment
· Safe, timely and accurate preparation and use of specialist equipment/resources/materials as required by staff/curriculum/lesson plans etc.
- Maintain records as requested
- Ensure the health and safety and good behaviour of pupils at all times
- Work within COSHH, CLEAPSS and other Health and Safety agency guidelines safe working practice within all areas of the workplace.
- Carry out risk assessments for technical tasks.
- Provide clerical/admin support
- Monitor and manage stock and supplies, cataloguing as required
· Maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, undertake repairs/modifications within own capabilities and report other damages/needs
· Demonstrate and assist others in safe and effective use of specialist equipment/materials
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance management as required
- Work within the technician team, assisting in Science areas as required
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, duties and responsibilities of the post may change as requirements and circumstances change. The post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as requested by management that are broadly within the level of the post.