Focus Learning Trust is part of the OneSchool global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 18 countries worldwide, our 10,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods
Due to stable growth our team are now looking to recruit a Science Technician on a 9 month FTC, to join our Focus School Kenley Campus to support in classes with KS3, 4 and 5 students. This Campus is a modern and unique site with a real cutting edge design and excellent facilities for children and staff alike.
The school offers achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to 161 students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
- To provide technical support to teaching staff in the school laboratories, classrooms and preparation areas
- Maintenance, preparation and cleaning of laboratory equipment To take regular stock checks and order more equipment when required
- Organisation and maintenance of efficient storage systems for equipment, chemicals and materials
- To prepare resources for lessons in conjunction with the teachers
- Assist both teachers and students when setting up for the practical lessons
- To monitor expiry dates of chemicals and ensure that any materials that are out of date are disposed of in an appropriate way
- To ensure all practices are in line with Health and Safety regulations
- To be responsible, as part of a whole school commitment, for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Any other duties as would be reasonably expected of a member of staff
- Have a recognised laboratory technician qualification
- Be fully aware of CLEAPPS/COSHH and other regulations regarding the storage of chemicals
- Be able to plan and mange tasks in a timely and effective manner and to work to specified deadlines
- Be patient and be able to work with children of the age with which the post is concerned
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Respect the school’s aims and values
- An excellent working environment with good resources
- Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
- Dedicated and talented staff who are keen to build on our high standards
- Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
- Excellent premises and lovely grounds providing an excellent learning environment
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- The opportunity to enhance your educational experience with support for continued professional development
- A competitive salary
- Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
Please visit our website: http://kenley.focus-school.com/ for further information relating to the Campus or for more information about Focus Schools please visit: www.focus-school.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
We welcome visits to the school prior to application. For a pre-application discussion or to arrange a visit, please telephone 0330 055 5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for applications: Until the post is filled
Interviews will take place: TBC
Focus School Kenley Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016 and The Education Act, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment