We are looking for a hard-working and dedicated candidate to join our outstanding school as a Science Technician. The successful applicant will play a key part in the Science department. Their main responsibilities will involve managing the preparation and clearing of equipment for practical science each week; managing a fully stocked science prep room, including the maintenance and monitoring of science equipment and resources and keeping the department health and safety policy up to date.
About Kensington Aldridge Academy
KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of Notting Hill. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 with just Year 7 and have grown year by year and are now a full school with 1,250 students in Years 7 to 13.
KAA has grown to become one of the top academies in the UK. DfE performance tables show we are in the top 5% of schools nationally in terms of KS5 Progress. Our Ofsted report grades us outstanding in all categories and describes standards as “exceptional”. In 2018 we were awarded TES Secondary School of the Year.
- Management of the preparation of materials and equipment for science lessons i.e. collecting apparatus
- Managing the maintenance of science laboratories and preparation rooms and their equipment and services, for example, maintaining laboratories clean and tidy in conjunction with the teacher in charge of the room
- Stock management and advising the Lead Science Technician on stock replacement items
- General duties including administrative support as directed by the Director of Science
- To ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are adhered to and advise staff of any problems
- To promptly respond to any first aid requirements
We offer competitive staff benefits including:
180 school days, 10 training days (not 5 as you find in most schools) & 5 planning days per year.
Two week half term in October.
Professional development that is of a national standard. In Ofsted’s words: “Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff enjoy working at the school and benefit from high-quality training. Teachers new to the profession feel very well supported in settling into the school quickly and developing their practice.”
Free weekly staff well-being activities; yoga, circuits, staff choir and art classes etc.
Discounted membership of the brand new Kensington Leisure Centre.
Download the full candidate pack for more information about this position and the academy.
Please send completed applications to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Monday 23rd September 2019.
Early applications are encouraged and in the event that the academy is able to fill the vacancy before the deadline, it reserves the right to close the vacancy and won’t review further applications.