Smart Teachers is recruiting for a hardworking Science Technician that strives for excellence to join a popular secondary school located in North West London. The chosen Science Technician will be joining a school with impressive results across the board, averaging above the national mean. Ofsted rated this school “Outstanding” during its most recent inspection with special praise bestowed upon the quality of teaching and senior management team. The successful Science Technician will be expected to maintain this level of excellence. There are numerous opportunities for career progression at this wonderful school. The position will commence ASAP on a long-term basis, which could lead to a permanent offer.
About the Role
- Science Technician at a resounding secondary school in the London Borough of Westminster
- A senior position is a possibility further down the track for the successful candidate
- Must have experience in a laboratory environment (particularly one based in a school)
- Access to state of the art labs and science equipment
- Full-time, long term position to commence ASAP
- Up to £120 per day depending on experience
About the School
- Large oversubscribed secondary school in Westminster
- Multi-faith and multicultural school with a distinctive Christian ethos
- Ofsted rated the institution as “Outstanding” during its most recent inspection
- Modern day classrooms with state of the art equipment
- Career development and management opportunities
- Hardworking leadership team going above and beyond to make sure the school stays “Outstanding”
- Amazing transport links: bus stops and access to the underground are less than 1 minute walk away from the school
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Technician will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Proven experience engaging with the UK curriculum within the past two years (preferred)
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DXH18895.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.