30 hours per week, term time only (44.46 weeks a year).
Scale LBR4 Point 7-10, pro rata of £22,377 to £23,607 fte per annum (£15,900 to £16,775)
Required as soon as possible
Are you an enthusiastic and proactive team member who can provide technical support and expertise to students and staff in our Science Department? Then come and join us at Oaks Park High School!
As a Science Technician you will be working as part of a team focused on developing a dynamic and inspirational vision of education. You will be passionate about the power of education to improve the life chances of young people and be a committed team player.
The successful candidate will have:
- Use of basic technology.
- Ability to use specialist equipment.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Work constructively as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility and a good sense of humour.
- Committed to maintaining a positive ethos.
- A willingness to be fully involved in the life of the school.
- Working as part of a team.
Why work for Oaks Park High School:
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work with a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
- Continued Professional Learning programme for all staff
- Potential for suitably qualified candidates to apply for Teaching Apprenticeships
Location: The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, which is a very high achieving borough. There are excellent transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station (zone 4 on the Central Line) only a four minute walk away.
Visits to the school are welcomed, or alternatively you can speak to Yvonne Rockson, Team Leader for Science.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The closing date for applications will be 9 am on Monday 9th December. Details regarding interviews will be confirmed with short listed candidates.
Early application is advised as applicants may be contacted at any stage during the recruitment process and the advert may then be closed