The Greater Peterborough UTC are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to join an innovative and well-equipped Science department to support the teaching within the faculty.
If you are enthusiastic about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and enjoy inspiring young people and tomorrow’s scientists, this post offers an excellent opportunity to utilise your training and experience to further develop your own skills within a friendly team environment.
The role is a supportive role to the Science Department but we would welcome further involvement within the UTC depending on your passion for supporting young learners and our specialisms. There is the potential to have a small CREW (mentoring group) and Science teaching and learning groups.
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time only plus 5 training days (Job share potential for the right candidate(s)).
Grade / Salary: Grade 7 Point 12 - £22,183 Starting salary and scale negotiable dependent on experience
• You will assist our flagship Science Department teaching staff in demonstrations, experiments and practical work with our STEM focussed students.
• Preparing equipment, chemicals and materials for laboratory use, paying particular attention to the safe use and handling.
• Set up specialist apparatus and equipment.
• Oversee the acquisition, safe storage and disposal of equipment and chemicals
• Maintain COSHH/CLEAPPS records and Risk Assessments for practical activities and contribute to the Health and Safety Policy of the UTC
• Maintain the cleanliness and serviceability of equipment and apparatus.
• To maintain the tidy storage of materials and equipment.
Experience working as a Science Technician in a secondary school or FE setting.
GCSE’s or equivalent in science/s
Closing Date for applications Thursday 16 December 2021
For any further enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 01733 715950 for a look around our facilities.
Greater Peterborough University Technical College (GPUTC) is a STEM specialist school currently for students aged 11 – 19. Located in Peterborough city centre, the £12 million school opened in September 2016 to help create the city’s future scientist...