Are you a Science Technician looking to start a new journey in your career?
Do you currently, or would you enjoy working in a secondary school environment?
If so, please read on!
Interviews will be held before the deadline should suitable candidates apply.
We are seeking a Science Technician to join a well-resourced Science Department. The role will include supporting our Science Teachers by preparing for lessons and experiments, ensuring all apparatus and chemicals are put away correctly and adhering to health and safety standards. The ideal applicant will have previous experience of working in a school science lab and be happy to work alone as well as part of a team of Technicians. All Science backgrounds welcome.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the teaching staff in the school and staff from other schools that make up The White Horse Federation. John Madejski Academy is passionate and committed to ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and inspiring, with high levels of creativity and innovation in our teaching and learning.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- An excellent Science Technician who understands the positive impact their work has on our student's outcomes, helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- Confident in monitoring supplies of stock, especially those in frequent use
- Be responsible for the safe storage of equipment and materials.
- Assist in the preparation of equipment and materials for examinations as directed by the Head of Science
- Carry out routine/non-routine checking and fault investigations of equipment
- Ensure workshops, laboratories and classrooms with equipment are kept clean, tidy and safe for use.
- Ensure the preparation, deliver and set up of all equipment for use by staff and students including related paperwork for practical lessons.
We can offer you:
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of children with a passion for learning.
More details can be found in the supporting job description attached. Visits to the school are welcome, please email the Principal's PA, Bon Meredith, to book an appointment - email@example.com . Please see the link direct to our school website to learn more about us - https://www.johnmadejskiacademy.co.uk/
More information about the school can be found on our website
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us?
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
John Madejski Academy is a rapidly improving school with a cutting edge curriculum and exciting professional development opportunities. We are passionate about transforming the life chances of our students through excellent teaching and learnin...