We are looking for an enthusiastic science technician to support our team of teachers and technicians in the department.
Harris Academy Purley is an oversubscribed 11-19 co-educational academy with 1000 students currently on roll, situated on the Croydon/Surrey border with excellent transport to central London, Surrey and the south coast. Open since September 2009, we were judged Outstanding. The academy moved into a state-of-the-art new building in September 2012. Our sixth form provision is expanding with increasing numbers of students taking Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
We are a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat on another with care and respect. The academy combines traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. The academy’s leadership team and staff share an expectation that each and every student who joins Harris Academy Purley achieves his or her “personal best”. With an emphasis on Enterprise, the academy strives each and every day to create a culture and ethos which promotes curiosity, initiative and leadership in all our young people.
Working under the supervision of senior technician to provide assistance in the preparation of resources for practical classes, your duties will include:
- preparation of resources, including assembling apparatus
- ensuring safe storage and transit of resources,
- stock taking, ordering resources
- maintaining a healthy, safe and productive environment in the Academy’s prep room and laboratories.
- record keeping
Candidates should be energetic, excellent team players, keen to learn, and able to work under pressure and to deadlines. Ideally, you should have experience of practical science desirable. All applicants must be committed to contributing towards the aims and values of the academy.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Academy Purley?
- “This is an outstanding academy. High quality teaching promotes learning and enjoyment for all students.” – Ofsted
- The opportunity to be part of an oversubscribed, 'Outstanding'-rated academy
- A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.