Inspire their Remarkable with us
Permanent (Part time )
Grade 3 points range 4 - 6 (£18.426 - £19,171 pro rata) 15 hrs/week, 39 weeks/year (actual £6,340 - £6,597)
Required from September 2019
Felixstowe Academy is situated on the beautiful Suffolk coast; We are an inclusive 11-18 Academy and part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET).
Felixstowe Academy is a new state of the art building equipped with a ‘super-lab’, a number of multi-purpose learning spaces, performance spaces, which are set in large grounds on the edge of Felixstowe. Technology is at the cutting edge of developments, with a successful Computing department that has four dedicated IT suites with the latest software and a supportive Network manager and technician. Achievement and participation in Sports and Arts are very high with students succeeding at local, county and national level. In addition, we can offer you a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues, good staff induction and strong commitment to training and professional development.
We are looking for a part time Science Technician to start as soon as possible,to join an enthusiastic team. The successful candidates will be involved in carrying out a range of general laboratory duties and a basic knowledge of science, particularly chemistry will be important. Experience as a science technician is desirable, but not essential.
The post will require specific qualifications relating to Chemistry. The role as a science technician at the Academy could be a pathway to other careers within the education system.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Friday 16 August 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking on the 'apply now button.'
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.