OneSchool Global UK is part of the One School Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Due to stable growth, our small and friendly team at our Kenley Campus are looking to recruit a Science Technician to join the team on a part-time (0.3 FTE), temporary basis. This Campus is a unique site with a real cutting-edge design and excellent facilities for children and staff alike.
The post would be ideal for someone with prior experience as a Science Technician, or perhaps you have recently completed studies within Science and are looking to gain some practical experience within a school?
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes OneSchool Global UK such a special and unique place to work.
• Under the direction of the Science Teacher, assist with the planning and preparation of materials and technical information for practical work
• To support effective teaching and learning through the efficient and safe deployment of Science resources
• Have general oversight of maintenance, Health & Safety and storage of resources and equipment in the department
• To work with students who have difficulties undertaking particular tasks and to adjust / modify apparatus for those students with SEND.
• To be responsible, as part of the whole school commitment, for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
• Have a recognised laboratory technician qualification or be prepared to undertake training
• Be fully aware of CLEAPPS/COSHH and other regulations regarding the storage of chemicals
• Be able to plan and manage tasks in a timely and effective manner and to work to specified deadlines
• Be patient and be able to work with children
• Enjoy being part of a supportive team
• Respect the school’s aims, values and ethos
• Supportive staff and Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to enhance your educational experience with support for continued professional development
For more information about OneSchool Global UK or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn at OneSchool Global UK.
To arrange a visit or to have an informal discuss about the role, please call the campus directly on 01883 338634 or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Midday on Friday 15th November 2019
Interviews will be held: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Kenley Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment