We are looking for an enthusiastic science technician to support our brand new science department.
Harris Academy Sutton will open in September 2018 as a brand new, state-of-the-art 11-18 co-educational academy in the heart of Sutton. With a Specialism in Science, the Academy will collaborate closely with its neighbours on the London Cancer Hub site: the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden Hospital. These represent two world-class organisations and together with the new six-form entry Academy they will form a campus community with research buildings, hospital facilities, and a reputation for excellence in the fields of research and medical provision.
The Academy will offer a broad and balanced curriculum to the young people of Sutton: the Campus itself will provide a focal point for talented scientists and clinicians by establishing world class facilities to not only attract top researchers but also to educate the life science workforce of the future. This is a unique opportunity for dynamic, motivated professionals to be part of the team helping to shape what will become the leading science educational establishment in London.
You will provide assistance in the preparation of resources for practical classes, with duties including:
- preparation of resources, including assembling apparatus
- ensuring safe storage and transit of resources,
- stock taking, ordering resources
- maintaining a healthy, safe and productive environment in the Academy’s prep room and laboratories.
- record keeping
Candidates should be energetic, excellent team players, keen to learn, and able to work under pressure and to deadlines. Ideally, you should have experience of practical science. All applicants must be committed to contributing towards the aims and values of the academy.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Academy Sutton?
- The opportunity to be part of the founding team of an Academy with the highest of expectations and ambitions for its staff and students
- Unrivalled potential for personal and professional development as the Academy grows
- An innovative, inclusive and happy environment in which to teach and learn, promoting academic achievement across the curriculum and encouraging participation in extra- curricular activities
- All the advantages of a highly successful Academy group including strong central support, outstanding CPD opportunities through the Harris Teaching School Alliance, and a generous benefits and rewards package
For more information, or to arrange a confidential discussion with the Principal, please call the Head of Recruitment on 0208 253 7777.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.