The Harris Academy Falconwood opened in September 2008. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best. Our accommodation since September 2011 has been a new, purpose-built academy to the value of £25 million.
We are looking for an enthusiastic science technician to support our team of teachers and technicians in the department.
Working under the supervision of senior technician to provide assistance in the preparation of resources for practical classes, your duties will include:
- preparation of resources, including assembling apparatus
- ensuring safe storage and transit of resources,
- stock taking, ordering resources
- maintaining a healthy, safe and productive environment in the Academy’s prep room and laboratories.
- record keeping
Candidates should be energetic, excellent team players, keen to learn, and able to work under pressure and to deadlines. Ideally, you should have experience of practical science desirable. All applicants must be committed to contributing towards the aims and values of the academy.
Why work at Harris Academy Falconwood?
- The opportunity to work in an academy judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted
- A can-do, enterprising culture, combining the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology
- A stunning new building in which to teach and learn
For more information about Harris Academy Falconwood or the Harris Federation, please visit www.harrisfalconwood.org.uk or www.harrisfederation.org.uk.
For more information, please contact Mrs H Boyce, PA to The Principal, Harris Academy Falconwood on 020 8304 4916 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.