We are looking for a Science Technician to join our strong and supportive team at Harris Academy Chafford Hundred.
Your role will be to provide technical support to a very strong department to support the teaching of science, enabling the smooth running of practical classes and maintaining a safe working environment.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Chafford Hundred, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for:
- Experience or solid understanding of the role of a technician in a school
- A Level qualifications (or equivalent) in either physics, chemistry or biology
- An effective spoken and written communicator, with excellent organisational and planning skills
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Academy Chafford Hundred:
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ 11-19 academy with a very strong reputation in the local community. With values of ‘Excel, Exceed and Explore’, the academy is a school for the future, preparing students for success through personalised learning, and improving continuously in every aspect of delivery.
Why work at Harris Academy Chafford Hundred?
- The number one non-selective school in Essex, according to the Real Schools Guide 2017
- A designated Teaching School, providing exceptional opportunities for professional development
- A proven commitment to our staff, holding Investors In People Gold accreditation
- A modern and attractive working environment
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Chafford Hundred are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 01375 484 580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.