Term time, 39 weeks, up to 37 hours per week, willing to consider flexible hours
Enthusiastic technician with excellent communication skills required to join our team.
These are exciting times for Matravers with a combination of rapidly improving results, growing student applications and significant investment being made into the school. We are looking for a colleague to contribute to this through delivering exceptional customer service and support to our teachers and students.
The successful applicant will have excellent organisation skills and be an effective team member, working closely and in collaboration with both teaching staff and the Senior Science technician. Prior experience of the role is not essential, full training in the job role will be provided however a keen interest in Science is desirable.
Your main duties will involve:
- Prepare and provide all equipment and resources for lessons in Physics, Biology and Chemistry.
- Clear away apparatus and equipment at the end of each lesson to include cleaning, storing and disposing of all equipment and chemicals safely.
- Provide guidance to teachers on how best to use the equipment available.
- Assistant with the maintenance of equipment, repairing apparatus as necessary or organising of repairs by a third party.
- Keep up to date with health and safety regulations and provide relevant Hazard cards and risk assessments for practical lessons.
- Participate in professional development as needed, attending INSET courses when they meet the personal development needs.
- Trained to a Basic level of First Aid or are willing to undertake appropriate training.
Application forms should be downloaded from: http://www.matravers.wilts.sch.uk/non-teaching/ and completed forms returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 19 March 2018
Matravers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Discloure And Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.