Vision for Education are actively recruiting for enthusiastic Science Technicians to join our supply register and work within SEND Schools and Provisions in the Cambridge area. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who is looking to gain valuable experience working within a school environment and within a Science Department.
Your role as a Science Technician will involve you assisting teaching staff and students with the smooth running of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Each day will be different, but typically, your role will involve setting up experiments, preparing materials before lessons and ensuring that the correct equipment is issued for the correct lab sessions. You will also need to be able to support students effectively with learning students who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and/or students that have been excluded from school.
You will need to have the ability to build strong rapport with students with SEND and have a calming and nurturing presence in the classroom. You will also need to be a resilient character who is able to hit the ground running in a busy, Science Department environment.
This is an ideal role for somebody who has already worked within a Science Department, either mainstream or SEND, or somebody that is currently a Science Technician. We are also looking to hear from candidates who have a natural flare for science and can bring a level of creativity into the role.
This role would begin on a day-to-day supply basis, with the potential of becoming a long-term/permanent position if you’re the right person for the school.
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
- Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
- Consistent training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness, as well as access to e-Learning Courses (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Generous Refer a Friend Scheme.
- Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for and would like to know more, please contact the Peterborough office on 01733 371371. Alternatively, please apply for this position through this website.