Second-in-Charge of Geography
Salary: Main Scale /Upper Pay Scale and TLR
Start date: 1 September 2021
Are you a talented Geography teacher, looking for the next step in your career or an experienced second-in-charge?
We are looking for an excellent practitioner to assist with the leadership of our dedicated and high-achieving Geography department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced second- in-department or Geography teacher seeking to progress in their teaching career.
We are looking for someone who:
● Has the ability to enthuse and inspire students with a love of the subject.
● Has a proven track record of successful teaching and hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
● Can demonstrate excellent teaching and classroom management skills with the ability to teach across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
● Has the ability to build good relationships with all students and colleagues.
● Has a commitment and willingness to constantly improve their own practice and the practice of those in the department.
● Can promote and maintain the highest standards in all aspects of work in the school.
We can offer you:
● Students who are eager to learn and progress.
● A supportive and professional environment with evidence-informed continuous professional development.
● Staff who are collegiate, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here.
● The opportunity to work in a collaborative department and faculty where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be valued.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
A Section 128 check will be carried out on individuals applying for any role that retains or has been delegated any management responsibilities under the terms of a direction made by the Secretary of State for Education.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued.
Suitable candidates may be interviewed before the closing date and The Petchey Academy reserves the right to withdraw the position if an early appointment is made.
The Petchey Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Petchey Academy is committed to inspiring and supporting every child to be the best that they can be. Our focus is on each child as an individual, through strong pastoral support systems complemented by a broad and holistic curriculum and high qu...