Job Purpose: To support the Leader of Maths in ensuring outstanding progress and attainment across the Academy (Year 1 to Year 8)
When you step into our dynamic and innovative school it is immediately obvious how much every single pupil enjoys being here. Pick a pupil to tell you what they love about the school. That is how confident we are that we are one of the best schools to further your teaching career. Once you step in the doors for a visit you will want to become a teacher here.
Biggleswade Academy is an independent, state funded Academy providing truly comprehensive education and wrap around care for children aged 2-13. We provide statutory mainstream education for around 950 pupils as well as giving approximately 370 session places at the Academy pre-school.
All of our teachers deliver high quality learning experiences for our pupils and help us develop a truly 21st Century Curriculum where high standards and expectations are a must.
We are looking to appoint a second in charge of Maths. An experienced teacher who is confident in their abilities to inspire and engage pupils to achieve their best. You must have excellent classroom practices and a love of teaching.This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your abilities and knowledge whilst working in a supportive environment in conjunction with other very dedicated and professional staff.
The successful candidate will lead by example and inspire others whilst offering the right level of support and challenge to colleagues.
Main responsibilities include:
· To help enthuse and inspire team members to use best practice learning and teaching methods.
· To assist with the creation, implementation and revision of outstanding curriculum outcomes for this area based on whole school priorities, current best practice, latest legislation and the needs of the pupils and wider community.
· To support the development and continued review of emotional and age appropriate schemes of work, resources, planning and teaching strategies to best meet this curriculum outcome area.
· To help disseminate the widespread use of a variety of engaging delivery methods which stimulate effective learning and progress for all pupils.
· To support the cross curricular skills relating to this area are embedded across our entire planned learning experience.
· To help develop and conduct staff training and coaching to model good practice and innovative ideas in the teaching/delivery of Maths.
· Use data provided to monitor progress of pupils and set and monitor targets for improvement as appropriate
· Ensure report information for parents is informative and accurate
· To further develop and embed the use of Maths Mastery across the Academy
Biggleswade Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS (Disclosure Barring Service).