Second in Charge of Maths
Ark Kings – a small school, big family; transforming the lives of our students
Salary: Ark MPS/UPS Outside London (£24,982 – £43,992) + TLR2b
Location: Kings Norton, Birmingham
Nearest train station/transport links: five-minute drive from the M42, Junction 2, Kings Norton Station (25 mins walk), bus routes including the 35, 45, 49 and 84
Start date: As soon as possible
There is a potential opportunity for the right candidate to step up to Head of Maths for a maternity cover position.
Due to the expansion of our school, we are always looking for excellent teachers and leaders. We will therefore be considering applications throughout the duration of the advert and will let you know whether you have been shortlisted and selected for interview following submission of your application.
Ofsted: Good in all areas (2016)
Visits to our school are encouraged; to arrange, please call 0121 459 4451.
In 2015, Ark Kings Academy was named as the most improved academy in the country, and was rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in October 2016. In April 2017, we moved into our brand new school building and in September 2017 we became an all through school with students from Reception to year 11. It is therefore a very exciting time to be joining Ark Kings as part of our schools’ transformation.
We are looking to recruit a Second in Charge of Maths to be play an integral part in our journey to outstanding. Your role will include:
• Planning and teaching well-structured, differentiated maths lessons that are aligned to the agreed curriculum and cultivate every student’s intellectual curiosity
• Demonstrating commitment to raising attainment of all pupils, as part of a resilient and talented body of staff who work tirelessly every day to transform the life chances of young people
• Working collaboratively with both school and network colleagues as a committed team member, building successful, high performing teams
Staff development is key to our school improvement plan. Expectations are high and there is an array of tailored support and development opportunities available to help you reach them. At Ark Kings you will have access to:
• Online training, and bespoke learning and mentoring programmes
• Twice the standard number of training days for teachers throughout the year (10 days)
• Dedicated co-planning time
• High quality training from the Ark Network
• Hub Days - three times a year, people working in specific roles or subject areas get together to share best practice and deepen their subject knowledge with peers from across the Ark network.
Our behaviour system, means that teachers can focus on getting the best possible outcomes for students. Extra free periods are built into the school day to enable you have the time to get things done – whether that’s training, lesson planning or meetings.
By joining Ark Kings Academy, you will be part of Ark, an education charity and one of the UK's most successful school groups, with a network of 37 schools in four locations across the country. Our aim is to give every child, regardless of their background, access to a great education and real choices in life. Being part of Ark means you’ll have access to a range of high-quality training and development programmes designed to meet the needs of you and your school, be supported by our network of education experts and dedicated central team and have the opportunity to take your career in your own direction.
Find out more about the benefits of joining Ark: http://arkonline.org/the-best-support
Visit our website for more information on the school. For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact us on 0121 459 4451 or the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 0203 116 6345 for any application form enquiries
Please submit your application online by visiting www.arkonline.org/careers
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.