This is a fantastic opportunity to join the leadership team in the Science Faculty in an ‘outstanding’ school
Ark Burlington Danes Academy is a non-selective, all-through comprehensive school. The academy opened in September 2006 and has made rapid progress to become a highly successful and over-subscribed local school. In its 2013 Ofsted inspection, Burlington Danes was rated outstanding in every category.
We are seeking to appoint a passionate, creative and dedicated 2 i/c of Science who will be committed to ensuring the highest levels of achievement for all students.
The 2 i/c of Science will support the Head of Faculty, and play a key role in developing excellent teaching and learning within the department, leading and managing curricula and departmental systems, and promoting and supporting the high standards of achievement and behaviour expected of all pupils.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be an enthusiastic and innovative teacher of Science
- have a passion for practical work and inspiring pupils through hands-on engagement with the subject
- be committed to improving teaching and learning in both trainee and experienced teachers through developmental leadership
- be able to teach up to and including A-level
Within the faculty a successful candidate will experience:
- a well-resourced department with a strength in practical work, supported by a nationally award winning technician team
- a highly supportive, collaborative and friendly working environment
- the opportunity to teach across KS3, 4 and 5
In the wider academy you will have the opportunity to:
- work in one of the most successful academies in England
- benefit from the provision of high quality facilities
- receive unrivalled training and professional development
- join a network of Ark schools and benefit from the support of experienced network colleagues
- gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including reduced gym membership and large retail discounts
If you share in our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you. For information about the school, please go to http://burlingtondanes.org/vacancies. Visits to the academy before application submission are welcomed. Please contact Julia Morson on 0208 735 4972 or email Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
To apply, please complete the online application by visiting https://goo.gl/aA1Ecx. Please complete your application by 11:00am on Monday 14th May 2018.
Applications will be reviewed as soon as we receive them so we encourage candidates to submit their applications early.
If you have any technical issues please contact the recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email email@example.com.
Location: Ark Burlington Danes Academy, Wood Lane, London W12 0HR
Start Date: September 2018
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.