Second in Charge of Science
MPS/UPS Inner London Scale plus TLR 2b – £4,438
Required September 2018
Closing Date – Friday 23rd March 2018 at 12 noon
Are you an exceptional teacher keen to make a significant leadership contribution to the further development of our science department? Do you want to join a school in an exciting period of transformation and growth?
The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher who will join a dynamic, growing and committed Science department to teach Science across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher ready to provide leadership support to our Director of Learning. You will take responsibility for a key stage and will have proven classroom and leadership skills.
In 2014, we moved into our iconic buildings, saw our first intake of girls and started our growth to a 9 form entry school. The diversity of the school community ensures that Bow is a vibrant and interesting place to work.
The successful candidate will demonstrate consistent high standards of teaching and excellent classroom management skills.
• A well established and comprehensive mentor programme
• A strong personalised programme of high quality professional development and coaching for teachers and support staff
• Strong links with other local schools for partnership working and support
• A strong community spirit
• Staff who are very supportive towards each other with a great camaraderie existing throughout the school Bow School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and the successful applicant will be subject to relevant vetting checks before an offer of appointment is confirmed and will be subject to rechecking thereafter, as appropriate.