This post is an ideal opportunity for a successful and ambitious teacher to progress their career into a formal leadership role. Professional leadership development will be a feature of the post.
The ideal candidate will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with a strong academic background in Computer Science or Mathematics, excellent subject knowledge and will be able to demonstrate an ability to lead. Candidates must also be able to demonstrate a passion for teaching, a commitment to ensuring the highest standards of achievement for all students and have an impressive track record of results. The College particularly values the experience and knowledge teachers can bring from a secondary school environment.
The person appointed must be willing to:
• bring imaginative and varied approaches to their teaching;
• work as a member of a team, sharing ideas and resources;
• develop relationships with students based upon equality, respect, joy and high aspirations;
• take responsibility for the management of Computer Science teaching, learning and assessment within the department;
• deputise for the Head of Department;
• undertake leadership duties as agreed with the Head of Department.