“Welcome to our Washwood Heath Family” is what we say to every Year 7 student on their first day at Washwood Heath Academy and we mean it. “Learners today, Leaders tomorrow” is our motto and underpins our core values.
If you have a passion for French and/or Spanish and want to inspire this in students, our innovative, hard-working, friendly and supportive Modern Languages team would like you to join us.
We have a strong commitment to ensuring student progress and high quality teaching and learning provision for all. The successful candidate will be an experienced teacher of French and/or Spanish and will share these values, playing an active part in the Languages Curriculum at both Key Stages 3 & 4 and will lead on Key Stage 3 in all languages including tracking and reporting of data, setting of assessments and leading moderation and key stage 3 meetings.
- have motivated, vibrant, multi-ethnic students and staff
- have a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
- offer an excellent induction programme within a friendly and supportive environment
- offer a whole range of opportunities to develop further colleagues’ teaching skills and leadership potential
- are creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life
- are well resourced and ICT rich
- are committed to continuous improvement and have strong links with universities including the University of Birmingham School of Education and BCU.
- are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides numerous professional development opportunities, on-site parking and Perkbox benefits.
If you would like to join an oversubscribed, forward thinking academy with a strong vision, and a team of staff and students who share the commitment to its success then, we would welcome your application. Our school is in a central location, with wonderful and enthusiastic pupils, amazing staff who always go the extra mile for their classes.
Our friendly, family feel is part of the reason that parents choose Washwood Heath Academy for their children.
For further details, please visit the school website: www.washwoodheath.com
Closing date for applications: 9:00am Monday 21st May 2018.
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.