We require for September 2018, a dynamic and ambitious Teacher of English to join our successful English Faculty. This role will be remunerated on the Main Pay Scale, Upper Pay Scale or Leadership Pay Spine according to expertise and experience. We are looking for a talented colleague who will work very closely with our Director of English and existing KS5 Coordinator to lead KS3 English.
Haileybury Turnford is an 11 to 19 mixed comprehensive; we have been sponsored by Haileybury, a co-educational independent school, since September 2015. We are yet to have our first Ofsted inspection as a sponsored academy. Our exam results jumped in 2017, and we are anticipating further increases this summer in Year 11 and the Sixth Form.
- An exciting role in a forward looking school
- Committed and supportive middle and senior leadership teams
- An opportunity to make a real difference for our students in English
- Professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to teach in our sixth form
We are looking for excellent teachers who:
- Have a passion for teaching and learning in English
- Understand the needs of students and how to remove learning barriers
- Are inspirational, innovative and creative leaders
- Have a proven track record of raising standards with their classes
- Understand the use of high quality self-evaluation and CPD
This role requires the successful candidate to:
- Play an important role in the future development of English in the school
- Have an understanding of effective strategies to improve the quality of teaching and learning, behaviour and student outcomes in English
- Have the ability to analyse data and produce strategies for improvement in English
- Work closely with the Director of English and the English staff to raise standards across English
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 26th February. Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates on Friday 2nd March 2018. Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Lisa Nethercott for an appointment to visit us.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. Haileybury Turnford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to employments checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. This post is exempt from the Rehilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure.
Please apply via email with a covering letter (no more than two sides) and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 26th February 201612:00:00
Interview date: 2nd March 2018