Second in Faculty (Maths)
Salary – TLR 2.1
Closing Date – 12pm, Monday 16th October 2017
Interview Date – Friday 20th October 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and innovative Second in Faculty (Maths) to join our team at Pendle Education Trust. With a post available at West Craven High School, this is a particularly exciting time to join the Trust; as we go through many positive changes with a real emphasis on differentiation and student success.
Working for an Academy Trust that’s sponsored by Nelson and Colne College, an outstanding local education provider; this is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and determined teacher to join an establishment where they can have a real impact on student aspirations and success.
Supporting the Head of Faculty in the formulation of faculty policies, the ideal candidate will be a dynamic practitioner who promotes and upholds the same high expectations as the Trust and its students. With a focus on sharing good practice, they will be committed to their own continuous professional development, and will engage enthusiastically with our quality processes to ensure that our students receive an outstanding experience.
The Trust offers unparalleled staff benefits including fantastic professional development opportunities. Championing success and building student confidence, these posts offer a real opportunity for someone with contagious enthusiasm to inspire, and make a difference.
Key duties include:
· Developing and sharing resources, including maintaining effective links across the Trust
· Delivering enrichment and enhancement activities
· Completing required assessment duties in relation to student assignments
· Valuing and support students to achieve their full potential
· Being responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
The ideal candidate will have:
· Qualified Teacher Status
· A degree in a relevant subject area
· Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area
· Thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum and changes in GCSE specifications as a result of GCSE reform
· Experience of working in partnership with parents/carers to facilitate effective links between home and school
To submit an application please visit our website, www.pendleeducationtrust.co.uk , and click on the “Apply” link on the Trust’s main recruitment page. Should you require any support in completing this, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com who will be able to assist you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note: All of our positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check. If there’s any reason why this may preclude you from being considered, please contact the Pendle Education Trust team.