Second in Geography
Salary: MPS/UPS (£24,373-£40,490) + TLR 2 (£2,796)
Contract: Full Time (Permanent)
Required for: September 2020
If you are excited about Geography and want to share this with others then we want to meet you. This post represents an exciting opportunity for a skilled Geography teacher to make a real impact in an Outstanding school.
We will tailor the exact responsibilities of this role to the abilities and experiences of the successful candidate, but they will include the leadership of a key stage. We invest heavily in teacher development and provide opportunities for teachers at all points in their careers to learn and grow.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- a department who believes in the value of using field trips and residential visits to bring Geography to life;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- high quality inset based on latest pedagogy and research, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Geography Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘A Letter from the Head of Geography’
We would like you to be:
- able to teach Geography to KS4, and preferably KS5 (training provided if necessary);
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (email@example.com ).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday 24 February, and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Friday 28 February.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.