Second in Maths Faculty
Highly competitive salary (MPS/UPS + TLR 2 to be agreed with the candidate)
Summer term 2020 start or before if possible
Do you want to be part of our team and ‘family’ of staff who are working together to achieve our mission of preparing all of our students for success in high quality apprenticeships or at university and beyond?
Do you want to work in a school where you are free to teach ‘powerful knowledge’, within a supportive positive culture unhindered by bureaucracy?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious practitioner, who wants to be part of the team leading on maths and make a real impact on further driving up standards.
We have very high expectations of all of our staff, but we value them highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our systems ensure you can really focus on your core purpose – teaching, in a sustainable way, unhindered by bureaucracy or poor behaviour.
What we can offer you:
- A campus which has just seen its best GCSE results ever and another excellent set of A level results
- A campus where the sixth form is growing year on year
- Sixth formers who now have the ambition to study at universities across the country
- A Trust which actively supports career progression through its “Roadmap” of professional learning opportunities
- A professional progression model to enable you to progress to becoming head of faculty
- Support and line management from a new and experienced Head of maths who brings her brand new vision and energy to the team in January 2020
- A central Trust team whose background is in maths and understand its pivotal position in the curriculum
- Great students who behave excellently – you can make a massive difference to them
- Clear behaviour systems
- Centralised homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase them at all)
- A feedback policy focused on closing the gap– we do not have onerous/impossible marking policies
- A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to mark KS3 homework
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop – we believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong staff culture
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- CPD that starts as soon as you are appointed with a clear induction programme
- A beautiful campus situated on the very edge of the Cotswolds, only half an hour from Oxford and an hour from London by train
The successful candidate will be:
- an excellent teacher of maths, who has a love for the subject and who will play an important role in leading maths into its next stage of development
- someone who sees it as their role to ensure that the life chances and ‘cultural capital’ of all our students is maximised. They will blend extreme personal humility with intense professional will.
- totally aligned to our values and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here.
- aligned with our teaching philosophy, built around Lemov’s ‘Teach Like a Champion’ and teaching ‘powerful knowledge’.
- totally aligned to our values and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here
- aligned with our teaching philosophy
- You will have excellent progression opportunities to become a Head of Maths as the MAT continue to grow in our South Central region
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academy.
To apply, please click on the “quick apply” button to submit an online application.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion about the role.
Previous applicants need not apply and this position is not suitable for an NQT.
Closing date for applications: 9 a.m. Friday 15th November 2019.
Interviews will take place on w/b 18th November 2019.
Learn more about Banbury Aspirations Campus at: https://wykhampark-aspirations.org/ and http://www.spacestudiobanbury. org/
Both Wykham Park Academy and Space Studio Banbury are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.