Performing Arts is a core component of our curriculum offer. At a time when schools are reducing the opportunities for students to develop their creativity and ability to express themselves, we have protected and invested in Dance, Drama and Music.
We have just appointed a Head of Performing Arts for September 2019 and we are now looking to appoint an exceptional Music teacher to take on the role of Second in Performing Arts.
Our facilities are excellent with a purpose-built music suite with numerous practice rooms, a dance studio and two bespoke drama studios. Our annual School Musical and annual Dance Evening are performed at the local Brewery Arts Centre and often involve over 150 students. In addition, there are many smaller scale productions performed in the drama studios. Students are consistently successful in auditioning for regional and national dance companies. There are frequent concerts involving choir, wind band, orchestra and contemporary bands – all musical tastes are catered for. Outcomes in all three disciplines are very strong with post-16 qualifications being offered in all areas.
• Teach, lead and oversee the implementation of the Music curriculum within the Performing Arts department up to and including KS5 (this may include supporting non-specialists at KS3)
• Assist the Head of Department deliver the vision for Performing Arts
• Assist in monitoring and evaluating the work of the department to ensure consistently high quality teaching, learning and assessment
• Coordinate and assist the running of departmental performances, concerts and events throughout the year
• Continue to develop the high profile of Performing Arts within the school and local community
• Manage all peripatetic staff
This is an exciting time to join the Performing Arts department at QKS. If you are an inspirational and exceptional music teacher with the values that make us all Proud to Belong to QKS and you have the ability to take a leading role in in the development of the department as well as our extensive wider curriculum, events and performances then we look forward receiving your application.
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Services (DBS).
For more information and to apply, please visit our website: www.queenkatherine.org
Closing date for applications: 25 February 2019 (noon)
Interview date: 7 March 2019
To start: 1 September 2019
For any queries, please contact :
Tracy Houlden, HR Manager - email@example.com