Second in charge of Science.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive Academy, based in Northumberland. The school is looking to add a second in charge of Science to its progressive and supportive Science Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include coordinating and co-managing the delivery of Science at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will support the Head of Science to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“We are seeking to appoint a motivated and ambitious Second in Science with the highest personal and academic standards to support our Science Department, someone who is an outstanding practitioner, with high expectations and a record of achieving the best outcomes from their students. We are looking for a someone with drive, energy, a genuine love for teaching and learning and a passion for Science, someone who has the vision and determination to ensure all our students receive excellence every day.
The successful candidate will:
• Ensure provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying in the curriculum area, in accordance with the aims of the school
• Driving forward the quality of teaching and learning in the department
• Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a manager within the curriculum area and as a Form Tutor.
• To coordinate the delivery of syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching strategies in the department, and within the designated area.
• Working alongside a dedicated Head of Science to construct interventions that impact on pupil outcomes”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Science Degree or a related subject
• experience delivering Science up to at least GCSE pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience supporting your existing Head of Department to enhance overall results at departmental level
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1406389 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to email@example.com for further information. REF: 1406389
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...