Aldar Academies are currently seeking an inspirational school leader to be our Secondary Assistant Principal responsible for Pastoral Care and Support –at Al Mamoura Academy in Abu Dhabi commencing September 2020.
Al Mamoura Academy is a mixed gender primary school and a girls only secondary school co-located in a brand new, state of the art building in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Our vision is clear: we want every individual, regardless of their ability, interest or need to achieve their potential and grow into responsible young adults.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidate will combine an excellent track record of successful leadership experience, developed in the UK or internationally, with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to inspire the Al Mamoura community and manage the demands and needs of all stakeholders. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the school are central to this role. The role requires strategic thinking with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding teaching and learning across all phases of the school and experience of developing a world class pastoral system. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with the local community and developing ways to engage with parents and forge effective partnerships with them.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and Al Mamoura Academy and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• To lead on behaviour, attendance and punctuality and ensure appropriate and updated policies are in place.
• To lead on key stage transitions and the development of student leadership and student voice.
• To lead safeguarding and fulfil the role of Child Protection Officer.
• To have a strong knowledge of child protection procedures and an understanding of the need for compliance with these procedures.
• To work alongside the school Head of Inclusion and Inclusion team and the School Counsellor.
• To work alongside the Aldar Education Inclusion team and to be an active participant in relevant Aldar Education network groups.
• To facilitate the house system alongside the Head of House.
• To embed and continue to develop the Behaviour policy across Al Mamoura Academy.
• To liaise with all Al Mamoura Academy stakeholders and relevant external bodies.
• To ensure the welfare of students is maintained to the highest standard.
• To take responsibility for the student leadership programme and ensure it is effective across the school.
• To support Heads of Key Stage in developing the Pastoral and Academic Mentoring programmes for students.
2. Support for Learning
• To model outstanding teaching and learning.
• To continue to develop the Academy’s approach to personalised learning.
• To unlock the talent and energy of all teaching staff.
• To organise staff meetings and school-based INSET to support staffs Continuing Professional Development.
• To secure pupil engagement strategies are consistently applied across the Academy.
• To support the creation of an attractive environment which stimulates learning.
• To lead and drive the development of Innovation and Sustainability through both the Primary and Secondary school.
3. Leadership and Management
• To be a member of the schools Executive Leadership Team and other staff teams as appropriate.
• To contribute to the development of policy and planning for the Academy and to monitor the implementation of relevant policies.
• To assist the Principal and Head of Secondary in shaping the direction of the Academy and setting high expectations at all times.
• To be included in duty rotas.
• To promote teamwork and motivate staff to ensure effective working relations.
• To liaise with senior colleagues at Aldar Education to support the strategic development of the Academy.
• To deputise in the absence of the Head of Secondary.
• To undertake any additional responsibilities as delegated by the Principal.
• BA in Education or BA Degree with PGCE is essential.
• Ability to establish positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
• Excellent knowledge of Secondary pedagogy, the English National Curriculum and Examination pathways (GCSE and A-Level).
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be sent to TeacherRecruitment@aldareducation.com or via the TES website