The International Community School (ICS), one of the longest established and most successful international non-proprietary schools in the Middle East, and home of #themonalisaeffect, is seeking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative teacher of Business Studies and Computer Science who is able to teach to A-level and join our Secondary Team in August 2017 for one term only until 15 December 2017.
Please log on to this site to watch our 5 minute recruitment video and to find out more about our school: http://www.ics.edu.jo/our-school
Since opening in 1955, ICS has continued to remain fully focused and wholly dedicated to providing the highest quality of British style education available. ICS adapts the UK National Curriculum from Foundation Stage through to GCSEs, BTEC and A levels. ICS is a very well-resourced school with small class sizes (average 20) and currently has just over 700 students from Kindergarten to Y13.
In May 2016 ICS was granted membership to the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the school is currently seeking full CIS Accreditation over the next 12-18 months. Furthermore following an external inspection in October 2016, ICS was awarded BSO (British Overseas School) Status and rated as “a good school with significant strengths”. The school is also a full member of the British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and a member of COBIS (Council of British International Schools).
Whilst the curriculum at ICS is British based, the school places great emphasis on being internationally minded and is committed to nurturing a rich and diverse cultural environment. Indeed, ICS today is, without doubt, one of the most international of all international schools in the region, with students drawn from more than 65 nations.
Jordan remains a very safe and western-leaning country where thousands of expatriates and their families live and work happily. Jordan is a fascinating country with an amazing history and several world heritage sites, including Petra, voted as one of the ‘New Seven Wonders of the World’.
- Be a fully UK qualified teacher
- Be an outstanding and inspirational teacher with a proven track record of ensuring that all students achieve their full potential.
- Have experience of working successfully and collaboratively with others as part of a team to ensure successful outcomes for students.
- Be a highly professional, resilient and dedicated educator (with a good sense of humour)
What we offer a 2 year contract including:
- Highly competitive tax free salary in Jordanian Dinars (pegged to the US$) Sterling equivalent currently: £24,500-37,500
- Free Housing (high quality, fully-furnished apartment)
- Free Transportation (to/from school)
- Comprehensive Medical Cover
- A return flight
How to apply:
Please send your CV and supporting letter to email@example.com . Applications should consist of a supporting letter of no more than two sides of A4 addressed to the Acting Principal, Mr. Matthew Savage, together with a current CV with a recent photograph, and should include the following information for VISA purposes.
1) Date of birth 2) Marital status 3) Your Nationality 5) QTS Status
Please note that we reserve the right to appoint before the closing date, and interviews, via phone and Skype, will be arranged for all short-listed applicants as soon as possible.