Smart Teachers welcomes overseas trained teachers to consider an exciting opportunity to relocate to the United Kingdom and take up a Chemistry Teacher / Graduate Chemistry Teacher role at an “outstanding” school in Hounslow, South West London. This full time, permanent position is available for September 2019. This larger than average secondary school boasts some of the best exam results in the borough. This role is available across Years 7-11, with Year 12 for the right person.
About the Role:
- Chemistry Teacher
- Year 7-11 - with Year 12 for the right candidate
- Work available prior to September if successful candidate is available before hand
- Permanent contract
- September 2019 start
- $50, 300 to $72, 600 AUD (depending on experience)
- Full teaching responsibilities
About the School:
- Large Secondary school
- Ofsted “outstanding”, the UK’s governing body for standards in education
- Very good behaviour
- Established sixth form
- Lots of STEM work here
- High achieving
- Local rail and road links – easily accessible
- Parking available
In order to be considered for this role, the Chemistry Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- Graduate Teachers and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
About the location:
- The London borough of Hounslow is situated approximately 30 minutes west of Central London
- Great transport links into Central London, serviced by the Piccadilly Line and South West Trains
- Close to Heathrow Airport, minutes away via the Tube, bus and car
- Hounslow schools are ranked seventh best in London
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
- An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants
- Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a Peterborough-based team to support you when you land
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN10626KYB.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN10626KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.