Salary: Scale 4, Spinal Column Points 11 - 14: £23,628 – £25,680 per annum pro rata (actual £19,970 - £21,705)
Required: January 2022 (Subject to notice period)
Contract/Duration: Permanent, Term Time only (39 weeks)
Hours: 36 hours per week (Between 8.20am – 4.20pm)
Location: SE3 0XX, Blackheath, London Borough of Lewisham
We would like to offer you the opportunity to work with us here at St Matthew Academy, at this exciting time on our journey to becoming a great school. The recent Ofsted inspection (Autumn 2019) judged the Academy to be ‘Good’ across all areas and recognised the improvements made in all aspects of Academy life.
We seek to appoint a talented and conscientious administrator with a good eye for detail, confident IT skills and the desire to work in a busy school setting. The successful candidate will be able to prioritise their own workload, work independently under the supervision of the Child Protection Lead and deal with sensitive matters with the upmost confidentiality and care. This newly created role offers excellent opportunities for skills development and progression for the right candidate and will be particularly suitable for someone interested in forging strong working relationships with families and external agencies.
The successful candidate will:
• Be passionate and determined about enabling every child to achieve their very best irrespective of any challenges they may face
• Be genuinely committed to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves
• Have strong organisational skills, be an excellent communicator and keen to take an active role in academy life
• In sympathy with our Catholic ethos
St Matthew Academy is a diverse, vibrant Catholic all-through academy for girls and boys aged 4 to 16, where there are high expectations for everyone in our community. At St Matthew Academy our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day at the academy by encouraging, promoting and celebrating success with all of our pupils in everything that they do. Our academy is situated between Blackheath and Lewisham in South East London, benefiting from excellent public transport and road links to all parts of London and Kent. Our magnificent buildings offer state of the art resources and the latest technology. Our primary and secondary phases are situated on one site allowing a truly unique all through setting with opportunities for transition, collegiate working and subject development.
• Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
• Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
• Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff
• A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
• Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
• Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
• A strong commitment to staff well-being
We value the importance of diversity in our community and the significance of having staff that are representative of the children we teach. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are currently under represented within the Academy.
Our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
How to apply:
To apply, please request an application form from Ellie Field at email@example.com or call Ellie on 0207 259 8770 for more information. Your application is a permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Closing: 3.00pm, Monday 6th December 2021
Interviews: Expected to take place w/c 13th December 2021
For more information about the Academy you can also visit www.stmatthewacademy.co.uk and our Twitter account https://twitter.com.stMattAcad
At St Matthew Academy, we pride ourselves on our diverse, vibrant, Catholic all-through nature. The school has a successful history of providing an excellent education for young people aged 4 to 16, through an environment which stimulates intellectua...