Salary: Depending on calibre of candidate and experience/qualifications
Full time, Maternity Cover (subject to probationary period)
Looking for a new challenge?
New school - unique opportunity
At Grove Academy we believe our best resource is our teachers. We are passionate about developing our staff, and will give you all the support you need to achieve your best.
We are looking to appoint a great professional to join our team as a secondary class teacher. We are all about doing whatever we need to support the success of all of our learners and are committed to ensuring we create an environment where all can thrive.
Grove Academy is a new and expanding free school which opened in September 2017 and is the first all-through school to open in Slough. We initially opened with Reception, Years 1, 2, 3 and 7 on a temporary site in the Centre of Slough and have just moved into our brand new building in Chalvey. Grove Academy is the second school opened by The SASH Education Trust (Slough Association of Secondary Head teachers) and we benefit enormously from the support and collaboration of the 14 secondary Head teachers in Slough.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and shape the future success of Grove Academy.
The successful candidate will:
- Undertake a designated teaching plan.
- Be responsible for planning and preparation of courses and lessons.
- Set and mark pupil's work.
- Prepare and update material as required.
- Use a variety of delivery methods to stimulate learning that is appropriate to pupils needs.
- Assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of pupils.
- Maintain appropriate records to enable accurate and up-to date information to be recorded on registers, SIMS, etc.
- Be responsible for the room(s) you teach in with regards to appearance , display, resources and equipment.
- Participate in the school's staff development programme.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships to develop cross curricular/phase links and creative approaches to learning.
- Assist in the development of appropriate schemes of work, marking policies, teaching strategies and resources in the department.
- Review methods of teaching and programmes of work in line with requirements.
- Ensure the implementation of the schools pastoral system.
- Contribute to the preparation of pupils profiles, actions plans and reports.
What can we offer you?
- A great place to work where you will feel valued for your hard work.
- CPD to further develop your skills.
- The unique experience of working in an all-through school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a dynamic and passionate practitioner with high standards who leads by example.
- Is creative and can inspire our learners.
- Can create a welcoming, safe and focused learning environment.
The successful candidate will join a supportive team of staff who are committed to helping our students achieve their highest potential.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, or disability.
For further information and an application form please email Carolyn Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.groveacademy.co.uk.
Closing Date: Sunday 17th January 2021
The academy reserves the right to change this date and to close the vacancy early.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who complete, in full, the application form. CV's will not be accepted in substitution for a completed application form.
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years
Grove Academy is the first all-through school to open in Slough and provides high quality education for 4 to 18 year olds. Grove is the second school to emerge from the unique collaboration of secondary schools in Slough. They creat...