We are currently hiring an experienced Secondary Design Technology Teacher for Deira International School, Festival City, Dubai
This appointment is for August 2022.
The position report to the Secondary Headteacher
Deira International School is an Outstanding rated (BSO – November 2021), award winning school located on a beautiful campus in Festival City, Dubai.
With students from ages 3-18, DIS is run as a not-for-profit school and is part of the Al Futtaim Education Foundation. Founded in 2005, the school is renowned for providing an outstanding inclusive and holistic education. In our recent inspection, the report recognised the following:
• Staff are overwhelmingly proud of the school and believe that it is well led and provides a safe and inclusive learning environment.
• The quality of teaching, learning and assessment across the school is outstanding.
• Teachers have high expectations of pupils and consistently challenge them in lessons and other activities to do their best.
• Staff enjoy working at the school and believe they are treated fairly, respected and valued.
• At every phase, the curriculum is planned with precision, is well sequenced and systematically builds on pupils’ prior learning.
• DIS has a strong focus on academic progress and achievement.
The student body has over 80 different nationalities and this diversity is fundamental to the community nature of the school. Exceptional facilities provide wonderful opportunities for a holistic approach to education; sport, performing arts, academic, technological, leadership and creative pathways are all on offer, ensuring our students enjoy enriching and varied school experiences within our classrooms and beyond.
Although non-selective at admission, our students achieve exceptional exam results which compare to top UK schools. Digital literacy development is emphasised as the school prepares its pupils to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world. This success enables our students to move on to the very top universities worldwide.
Our personalised, play-based and continuous provision in the Early Years ensures that students are rigorously assessed against the prime and specific areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework. This focuses on developing key learning skills and the foundations for accessing the Primary Curriculum. In primary, students receive an enriching and broad curriculum offer, which includes the delivery of several non-core subjects. Our senior students take the IGCSE examinations in Year 11 and move into the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) or International Baccalaureate Career-Related Programme (IBCP) in Years 12 and 13.
Al Futtaim Education Foundation (AFEF) owns and provides governance to Deira International School. AFEF aims to realise its vision of taking education in the UAE to the next level of future readiness and of preparing students for an increasingly globalised and technologically advanced world. Al Futtaim Education Foundation is an initiative of the Al Futtaim family to support the vision of the Government of Dubai and the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) for the creation of a globally competitive economy while maximising its social contribution to the community through this not-for-profit endeavour.
The Post: Secondary Design Technology Teacher
In Visual Arts at DIS we pride ourselves on our high expectations of students and staff. In our department, we treat our students as young contemporary designers.
We are looking for an inspirational, creative and ambitious Design Technology teacher to join our growing department. Design Technology is a subject we are seeking to expand through offering increased options in Textiles and Digital Media. We are looking to appoint a dynamic and experienced teacher that is able to engage in a range of media and techniques.
The successful candidate must be proficient and experienced in the following areas:
• CAD and 3D printing
• Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design)
• Resistant Materials
• Graphic Design
In addition to the Deira International School application form all candidates must submit a portfolio of their own work and work they have produced with students.
The successful applicant will be required to have the following:
• A B.Ed. or degree and PGCE / PGDE or equivalent with exceptional subject knowledge.
• We are seeking to appoint talented, highly motivated and well-qualified individuals. You should have a proven track record of outstanding learning and teaching.
• A mind-set which understands all students have the potential for top performance, and the drive and passion to enable them to do so.
• Experience which will enable a contribution to our enriched curriculum programme.
If you meet these criteria, we would very much welcome your application.
We offer an excellent remuneration package including competitive tax-free salary, furnished accommodation, medical insurance, visa costs, baggage allowance, annual flight allowance and free school places for up to two dependants.
To apply for the above role, please share your CV and TES application below.
Deira International School, Festival City is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. A UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments