Secondary Drama & Dance Teacher
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking a Secondary Drama & Dance Teacher to join our excellent Performing Arts department. As a relatively young department, our expectation is that the successful candidate will develop and grow with the department, to help it to become a leading area of school life. At Kings’, we have our own Performing Arts School that runs at the weekend and seeks to challenge our most gifted students.
The Arts Faculty contribute a great deal to the Extra-Curricular Activities Programme. Therefore, applications are particularly welcome from teachers with experience, passion and talent to lead workshops, performances and productions with students.
This is a superb opportunity for aspiring, imaginative and inspirational teachers to join a highly creative and innovative team.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Performing Arts and/or Dance as the sole or significant focus
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent, both newly qualified and experienced teachers will be considered
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage.
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is 24th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and we reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the final submission date.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2021 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.
Kings' School Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years