SECONDARY DRAMA AND MUSIC TEACHER, MEXICO CITY
The Churchill School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Music and Drama teacher, to work with a dedicated team of teachers within the Secondary department (KS3-4) to preferably start in August 2017.
The Churchill School and College are members of The Anglo Mexican Foundation and provide bilingual education for children from 2 to 18 years. The School and College are authorised centres for the IB Primary years, Middle years and Diploma programmes and for Cambridge International Examinations.
Mexico City is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city rich in history and culture offering something for everyone. It is one of the largest cities in the world in terms of population and nestled in a valley at 2,300 metres above sea level. The country is diverse offering a wide range of travel opportunities such as beautiful beaches, quaint colonial towns, lush tropical jungles and of course a multitude of archaeological sites.
Teachers are housed in a popular residential area close to the campus, enjoying many local conveniences such as restaurants, shopping centres and theatres as well as access to a network of public transport services.
The successful applicant for this post will
- Be passionate about teaching and learning
- Hold a relevant degree and Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
- Have at least two years' experience in teaching;
- Have experience in, or knowledge about, IB and Cambridge programmes;
- Be able to engage and motivate students;
- Use assessment for learning tools, matching learning to individual needs;
- Seek to consistently improve their own practice;
- Promote the values of the school.
In return, we will offer you:
- Students who are inquirers and highly motivated by dynamic teaching;
- Well educated parents who are committed to the school and their children’s learning;
- Personal and professional development opportunities including career growth within the school and under the umbrella of The Anglo Mexican Foundation;
- Competitive salary (with additional benefits);
- Accommodation allowance;
- Flight allowance;
- Initial 2 year contract (renewable annually thereafter);
- Private health insurance;
- Excellent working environment with supportive and committed staff.
If you would like to be part of the Churchill family we look forward to receiving your application as follows:
1. Interested candidates should apply by sending a letter of application and current CV (including 3 professional referees) addressed to Amanda Jacob, Director General, The Churchill School. The letter should outline their reasons for wishing to obtain a role at The Churchill School and include information regarding their professional/personal qualities and experience in relation to the post.
2. Applications should be sent to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st July 2017.