What is your next leadership role?
Through seven modern campuses and with a large team of professional teachers, Vietnam Australia School (VAS) offers a highly unique and integrated bilingual education system to nearly 9,500 predominantly Vietnamese students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. We offer both the National and Cambridge curricula to our students. As our student base and number of campuses are growing, we are truly excited about having even more highly motivated, enthusiastic and capable leaders to join us. Start date is Dec. 2020 or early 2021.
What are the advantages for you?
The English subject coordinator post, stated above, will have a remit across all seven VAS campuses and offer an opportunity for the successful candidates to develop both their leadership skills and subject specialisms. In addition, there is an opportunity to work at a system-wide level and influence the curriculum offering and delivery in all campuses.
What you will do
Under the leadership of the Central Academic Director, the central Group Curriculum Coordinator team will provide a consistent and timely updated instructional materials for the subject you are in charge of, to meet the expected student learning outcomes and support effective instruction of the curriculum at the campuses. In addition:
- You will provide and keep up to date a complete curriculum resource base, including curriculum framework, schemes of work, teachers guide, assessment and testing policies & materials, etc.
- You will be involved in observing teachers’ instruction, analysing test data, assessing education standards, reviewing textbooks, recommending instructional techniques, and conducting professional development workshops for teachers.
- You will form part of the group-wide quality assurance team and work closely with the group and campus leadership teams and subject leaders to identify areas for improvement and to deliver their identified strategic objectives.
- You will have up to 40% teaching load for the subject area of your expertise.
Your background and experience
- Recognised qualification in secondary education and solid experience & expertise (both practical and theoretical) in the subject area in charge
- Proven success of teaching English at secondary levels, especially post-16 English
- Previous leadership and management experience within an English department
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in English teaching and also of relevant wider educational issues
- Ability to work hard under pressure and as a positive team member; ability to prioritise and meet deadlines; commitment to continued improvement and development.
- Willingness to embrace our VAS core values.
As an international teacher our package will include a competitive base salary, monthly housing allowance, relocation allowance, visa and work permit reimbursement, settling-in allowance, tuition waiver for up to two children, medical insurance, 12 weeks of paid holidays, retention bonus, and more. In addition, you will have generous non-contact time for planning, preparation and professional growth.
Please send in your full application including your resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, three references, and a copy of your passport.
Vietnam Australia International School - Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
We help shape young minds to love learning.
In 2004 our school welcomed its very first group of students. Fourteen years later we are responsible for the future generation of nearly 9,500 students, all participating in our unique blended internationa...