Secondary Literature teacher
The Lycée Français de Shanghai (LFS) is a private school, managed by the Managing Committee of the Parents’ Association, and appointed by the Agency for French Education Abroad (AEFE, Agence pour l’Enseignement Français à l’Etranger). The teaching programs follow the French curricula, and the decisions about the guidance of students are valid in all French schools, both abroad and in France.
The LFS has two campuses, one in Qingpu and one in Pudong, and welcomes over 1,500 students, from kindergarten to high school (Terminale).
The school is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Secondary Literature teacher for the next school year: 2018-2019
The teacher shall carry out the professional duties of a Language and Literature Teacher and these shall include:
- Planning and preparing all lessons in accordance with the School’s aims and objectives,
- Liaising with English as a second language colleagues and drama colleagues to promote continuity of educational experience and learning;
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the pupils and safeguarding their health and safety both during lessons and in exams and exam practices;
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils, including the provision of written reports three times a year;
- Teaching the pupils assigned to the IGCSE Language and Literature lesson and being responsible for their welfare; preparing pupils for the May IGCSE Language and Literature exam;
- Establishing cordial relationships with colleagues to provide an effective and harmonious team;
- Liaising with other English Literature teachers to ensure smooth continuity in building a thorough literary culture for our students;
- Carrying out any other duties which may be required by the Principal.
- Experience in preparing students for final school leaving diplomas
- Knowledge of the OIB language and Literature program would be advantageous
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace other cultures
CRITERIA FOR THE POST
- Due to Chinese regulations for wok permits and visas, all the candidates are required to be English level native-speakers.
- Valid teaching diploma degree in English Literature ;
- Post-graduate diploma in secondary teaching (or equivalent)
- Ability to teach grammar
- Knowledge and considerable experience in teaching English at Middle and High School level
- Preferably have experience in teaching in the French system, and as a minimum an eagerness to understand and adopt the French Education system
- A willingness to teach English as a second language
PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR TEACHING POST AT LFS
- The energy, dynamism and stamina to contribute fully to the life of a busy co-educational multicultural independent school.
- Willingness to contribute to the extensive range of activities provided for pupils and to support them in their co-curricular pursuits.
- A knowledge of French would be an advantage.