Falkland Islands Government - Education Department
Secondary School English Teacher
Secondary English Teacher
Dates: Applications by Thursday 13th February 2020; job begins in September 2020
Location: Falkland Islands Community School, Falkland Islands
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: 2 to 4 years, with option to renew
A unique opportunity to live and work overseas, within an English school system.
Our well established and fully inclusive Secondary School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and experienced English Teacher to start in September 2020. The successful applicant will join a well-resourced school with a supportive staff team, small class sizes and students who are keen to learn. The English department is well equipped and resourced.
We are seeking to recruit an English Teacher who:
- is a graduate teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (recognisable in UK) who has completed the statutory induction year as an NQT and has 2 or more years post NQT experience teaching English at a good or better standard.
- is focussed on teaching and learning, helping students achieve high levels of progress in a positive and effective learning environment.
- is able to efficiently manage support staff (technicians, LSA etc) to ensure the smooth running of the department and students receive the support they require.
We will provide:
- enthusiastic students who are keen to learn
- a stimulating and supportive working environment with a small but dedicated team
- basic salary up to £39,903 plus 25% gratuity for successful completion of contract
- favourable income tax rates
- a unique and beautiful environment to live and work
- airfares for the post holder and dependants at the beginning and end of contract, as well as airfares for return flights after every full year of the contract
- a relocation grant
- accommodation to rent
- free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level and possible allowance for overseas studies thereafter
- fixed term contracts of 2 to 4 years in the first instance
- a TLR may be available to candidates who demonstrate the ability take on extra cross curriculum responsibilities
Applicants can download the job description and further information from this page.
Interviews will be held between Thurs 27 February and Friday 6 March 2020 either at the Falkland Islands Government Office in London or by telephone/Skype. More details about an interview task will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
School Website: https://www.secondary.ac.fk
For more information please contact the Recruitment Officer, Human Resources Department, Cable Cottage, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 00 500 27421.
Completed application forms should be returned to the Recruitment Officer using the above contact details at Cable Cottage, Stanley, no later than noon on Thursday 13th February 2020.