Smart Teachers welcomes overseas trained teachers to consider an exciting opportunity to relocate to the United Kingdom and take up an English Teacher position at an innovative secondary school in Greenwich, South East London. Starting September 2019, this is a full-time English Teacher maternity contract. The successful English Teacher will be responsible for teaching a timetable of Years 7-11. This is a great opportunity to settle in to a growing school, who shares a vision with where their pupils gain the skills and knowledge for them to become independent learners. The school is looking for like-minded English Teacher to deliver an innovative curriculum for the future.
About the Role:
- English Teacher / Graduate English Teacher
- Year 7-11 Classes
- Two term maternity cover post
- Start date September 2019
- Salary between $52, 500- $71, 650 AUD (dependent on experience)
About the School:
- Smaller than average class sizes
- Moving to new buildings in 2020
- Supportive head teacher and senior leadership team
- All new staff are allocated a dedicated mentor
- 10 minutes from London Bridge, 5 minutes from Lewisham DLR
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher / Graduate English will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Successful track record of improving pupils performance
- Ability to implement systems to develop students both emotionally, pastorally and academically
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/righ to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
About the location:
- Located in the London Borough of Greenwich, on the banks of the River Thames.
- Greenwich is known for it's maritime history and the Royal Observatory (the site of the Greenwich meridian line).
- Minutes from Central London
- Surrounded by historical sites and royal heritage
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
- An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants
- Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a Peterborough-based team to support you when you land
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more
Teaching overseas is a fantastic way to develop both personally and professionally while also being a great addition to your CV.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RCR2634KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.